Here at Marcode, I highly value your privacy. I will process and use your data securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and data protection regulations around the world that may apply to you. In this privacy statement, I will explain which information I collect from you and why I do this. In this statement, you can also learn about your rights concerning this processing. I will take appropriate (security) measures when I process your data. For questions about your privacy, please get in touch via [email protected]
Article 1 Who am I?
Marcode is a sole proprietorship located in (3131 AB) Vlaardingen at Westhavenkade 16, the Netherlands. I am registered in the Chamber of Commerce trade register under number 54491207. I am the controller of your personal data.
Article 2 What data do I use?
Here you can find an overview of the data I process, why I do this, what legal basis I have for processing these data and how long I will store these data.
I process your name, phone number, e-mail, education and/or job title and other data necessary to provide my services to you in the best possible way. This may include a photo you have set up in systems we work with, any personal data you provide in the questionnaire I have you fill out, and your social media accounts. I use this data to ensure a satisfying customer experience. I will keep this information for the duration of any business relationship we have. Following the conclusion of our business relationship, I will retain your data for as long as reasonable and necessary to comply with legal and tax requirements and to ensure that I respect your choices regarding receiving any communications from me.
To manage your course purchase, I will store your name, contact name, company name and company information, e-mail, phone number, purchase history and payment information in my customer database for 7 years after the conclusion of our business relationship. I do this for the implementation and possible amendments or continuation of any contracts between us and for the tax authorities.
For billing and financial administration, I process your name, company name and Chamber of Commerce information (if applicable), billing address, e-mail, phone number, payment method details and outstanding balance. Without this data, I cannot process your payment. According to a legal obligation to the tax authorities, I have to keep this data for 7 years. After this period, I will anonymise your data.
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint relating to our business relationship, I will process your name, company information, e-mail, phone number and the content of our communication regarding this complaint to come to the best possible solution. I will use this data for the optimal resolution of the complaint. I will anonymise data relating to complaints after settlement.
I have a commercial interest in using some of your data for marketing purposes. I process your name, e-mail, and social media account for direct marketing and social media marketing. If you unsubscribe, I will retain this data along with your contact preferences as long as necessary to ensure that I respect your decision to opt-out of marketing communications.
To enable and optimise this website, I use analytics and retargeting services. I have a commercial interest in using your online behaviour on my website and related data to analyse and improve my products and services. I will track your use of my website with Google Analytics and a Facebook Pixel and am bound by the retention periods of Google and Facebook.
In addition, Facebook collects audience statistics through a first-party cookie. This data allows me to place more targeted ads. These cookies are active for two years. However, the data collected by Facebook using this cookie is transmitted to me anonymously.
To post reviews of my services, I process your name, the first letter of your last name and message content. With your permission, I may also include your photo. When you post your message, this information becomes visible to me. I may post reviews of my services on my website and social media with your permission. I will remove them as soon as they are no longer representative of my services or you request their removal.
When you want to make an appointment with me through the website, I ask for your first name and e-mail. By sending the Calendly contact form, this information becomes visible to me so I can schedule your appointment. I delete this data from my Calendly account regularly, but it may be retained in my calendar as a record of my business activities. I will not retain this data any longer than is reasonably necessary.
I process your name, username and message content when you comment on my articles or messages. These data are automatically visible. I may post reviews about my services on my website and social media with your permission. I remove these as soon as they are no longer representative of my services or when you request their removal.
When you are a guest on my podcast, I process your name, company name, your biography, and the interview content if you have signed the consent form. I keep this content in my archive indefinitely until you request deletion when a weighing of interests will take place.
For market research with a commercial interest, I process your habits, the industry you work in, education and age. I keep this data until my research is completed, after which it is anonymised.
Article 3 How do I get this data?
I acquire some of the information mentioned above from you as a customer or website visitor because you provide this information to me. I may also receive your data through your employer, family member or the organisations I work for as a freelancer.
Additionally, like other websites, this website automatically collects certain information about you through log data, Facebook Pixels, Google Analytics, Hotjar, and other services we have in place from time to time. Log data is information about your computer’s Internet Protocol Address, which is your “IP” address, browser information, Internet Service Provider’s information, your operating system, and your browser type. Similarly, Google Analytics collects certain information about your location, browsing history, the pages you visit, the equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website. Facebook Pixels, Hotjar, and our other services work in similar ways to passively collect data about your online behaviour.
Article 4 What rights do you have regarding this data?
4.1. Rights if you are located in the EU/EEA
If you are located in the EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you certain rights regarding the personal data you have allowed me to process. Your rights are:
- Review - You can request to review your data at any time.
- Amendment - If you want to have your data amended, corrected, completed, blocked or deleted, you can submit a request to that effect. You can also change some data yourself in your personal account.
- Objection - You may object to the processing of your data.
- Data transfer - Should you wish to transfer your data to another provider, I will provide your data in a structured and common form that standard digital systems can access.
- Withdrawal - If I have processed data based on your explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent. This may affect the services I can provide to you.
4.2. Rights if you are located in the USA
If you are a resident of the State of California, United States, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) regarding the personal data you have allowed me to process. Your rights are:
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such request.
- You have the right to know what personal information is collected from you and how it is used, as explained in the sections above.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted.
- You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination.
- You have the right to data portability and the right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes.
California and Delaware law also requires us to state whether we honour “Do Not Track” settings in your browser regarding targeted advertising, and we do not monitor or respond to Do Not Track browser requests.
4.3. Rights if you are located in Brazil
If you are a resident of Brazil, you have rights under the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (LGPD) regarding the personal data you have allowed me to process. Your rights are:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of processing activities on your personal information;
- get access to your personal information;
- ask me to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information;
- ask me to anonymised, block or eliminate any unnecessary or excessive personal information we hold about you, or any information that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD;
- be informed about your options to provide or deny your consent and the consequences of your decision;
- be informed about the third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- obtain, upon your express request, a copy of your personal information (except for anonymised information) that can be moved to another service or product provider, provided that our commercial and industrial secrets are safeguarded;
- ask me to delete your personal information being processed if the processing was based upon your consent, unless one or more exceptions provided for in art. 16 of the LGPD apply;
- revoke your consent at any time;
- lodge a complaint related to your personal information with the ANPD (the National Data Protection Authority) or with consumer protection bodies;
- oppose a processing activity in cases where the processing is not carried out in compliance with the provisions of the law;
- request clear and adequate information regarding the criteria and procedures used for an automated decision; and
- request the review of decisions made solely on the basis of the automated processing of your personal information, which affects your interests. These include decisions to define your personal, professional, consumer and credit profile, or aspects of your personality.
Exercising your rights
To exercise your rights, please send a request, accompanied by a copy of your ID (ID number and picture blacked out), to [email protected] I will review your request as soon as possible, within 30 calendar days. If I am unable to fulfil your request, I will let you know why I deny your request.
Article 5 Who will receive your information?
I may transfer your data to third parties that provide technology and services in the day-to-day running of my business and the normal operation of this website. These third parties include advertising partners, payment providers, analytics services, hosting providers, scheduling tools, email tools, legal and tax advisors, freelancers, and other technology & service providers that are normally used in the course of business. I will only transfer your data to third-party providers to the extent required to provide content, products, and services to you, to fulfil any of my contractual obligations, and as reasonably required to run my business.
Some of the technology and services used on this website and within my business may require the transfer and/or processing of your data internationally. If you are located in the EEA, you explicitly consent to allowing me to transfer and process your data outside the EEA, including in countries that are not approved by the European Commission as having an adequate level of protection for personal data.
I make every effort to only work with providers that put privacy first and operate in a way that safeguards your data and comply with the European Commission’s standards. Whenever possible, I sign processing agreements with these third parties to optimally protect your privacy. However, in the case of some providers (especially large multinational providers, including Google, Facebook, Stripe, etc), I rely on their services and have no control over where and when they transfer and process data, and I have no way to verify this either.
By agreeing to this privacy statement, you understand that your data will be transferred and processed internationally (including outside the EEA) for any of the purposes set out in this privacy statement, and you specifically consent to this.
Aside from any sharing of information specifically mentioned in this privacy statement, I will not provide your information to third parties unless this is necessary for the conduct of business or required by law. I will not sell your data to third parties.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Article 6 Final Provisions
I encourage you to reread this privacy statement regularly, as I may make changes to the policy without any notice to you. The latest version of this privacy statement will always be published on the website. If you have questions about this statement or how I use your data, please e-mail me at [email protected] If you need to complain about how I handle your data, you can also inform me via [email protected]